Thursday 16 May 2013

Mother's Day 2013

JON BEAR'S VISIT WITH MOM

I had the opportunity to go see my brother Robert, my sister in law Shirley and niece Katrina along with mom on Mother’s Day this past weekend. We had a nice time going to a Flower and Garden place where Robert and Shirley bought mom a new hanging plant for her front porch. Mom gave me a tour around the yard where we talked about all the flowers and trees she has planted. Some of the trees mom planted just 5-6 years ago when she first bought the house in Upstate New York next to Robert and Shirley’s home have grown tremendously. I used to be able to walk over them and now they are 15-20 feet high. Mom and I also talked about Katrina who is heading off to college after this summer and earned valedictorian of her graduating class, along with many scholarships and athletic awards. I know that mom, Robert and Shirley are all very proud of her. As well they should be.  

We often play Scrabble whenever I visit mom and she is still kind enough to continue playing, even after I tease her about our scores as we try to set our joint and individual scoring records each time we play. Mom and I also indulged in a few glasses of wine while we watched all the true life murder mystery television programs that we enjoy so much ( the fascination with them must reach back somewhere to the games of People Get Killed I played when I was little) >.< So while we didn’t go on any super trip or have any crazy adventure, it was comfortable and fun. It was home. Home always is where my family is. So I hope she had as nice a Mother’s Day as I did. I suppose it is only right that she gets at least one day after all when 364 days a year are Son’s/Daughter’s Day thanks to mom. 


"Some are kissing mothers and some are scolding mothers, but it is love just the same." —Pearl S. Buck

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...