Sunday 7 December 2014

Holiday on the Sunshine Coast


Originally, my brother and I were going to go to Cairns for summer vacation. However, we’re now going to spend Christmas on vacation in the Sunshine Coast with our parents. The Sunshine Coast is in north Queensland and it is a popular attraction for tourists. It is a coastal town so people like to come to the Sunshine Coast to swim, fish and surf. There is also rain forests where people can go hiking and camping. Beside natural attractions, there are malls, a zoo, an aquarium, Big Pineapple and restaurants.
Here are some places that I would like to see:

Australia Zoo
source

This is the zoo owned by the Irwin family. I don’t know much about the zoo but I know it has a lot of crocodiles. Maybe I’ll get to see Bindi and Bob Irwin as they live at the zoo. Can you believe that Bindi is now 16 and Bob is 11?

Underwater World Sea Life Mooloolaba
source
Mooloolaba is where Underwater World is situated, it is an aboriginal word which means mulu for snapper fish or mulla meaning red bellied snake. I think it is an appropriate name for a coastal town. Underwater World is an aquarium which has many sea animals such as fish, octopi, stingrays and sharks. They also have seals and some of them do a seal show. I’ve never been to an aquarium before so I’m looking forward to this. I also learnt that people can also have sleepover parties at the aquarium. I wonder if it’s just for kids? I would love to have a party at the aquarium. I think it would be fun to lie down and watch the fish swim by and go on the after hours tour.

Eumundi Markets
source
 The Eumundi Markets are located in the Sunshine Coast Hinterland. It is a market that is famed for the fresh produce, locally made goods and street food. Tour groups are bussed to the markets so it must be a good destination. My dad loves markets so we’re going to this market especially for him.

The Ginger Factory

This is a place where ginger products are made such as gingerbread men and crystallized ginger. I like ginger and I wouldn't mind going on the factory tour. There’s also a ride called Overboard which is kinda like the Disney ride It’s a Small World. 

6 comments:

  1. Looks like there's plenty of neat places to visit! Enjoy your vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It always good to spend time with family! There sounds like there is plenty for you guys to be doing and a lot of fun is in store for you all! Looking forward to hearing how it goes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia Savannah. I'm excited for this trip and I'll be blogging about it too.

      Delete
  3. I hope you get to go to some of these places; they look like so much fun!
    I don't think I realized you were from Australia. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paige. I'm looking forward to this trip. There's only a few more days til I go.

      Delete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...