Monday 25 April 2016

Entertainment Mondays: The Spice Girls Part 2 ( 25 April 2016)


I realized while I was writing my Spice Girls post from two week ago that I wasn’t done with the Spice Girls yet. So here’s Entertainment Monday: Spice Girl part 2!

So after the Spice Girls disbanded I still kept an interest in the girls’ solo projects. Here are my favourite solo spice girl songs.

Mel B (Scary Spice) I want you back featuring Missy Elliot


I remember when this song came out in 1998. I thought the song was so dope and I still think that could hold up in 2016. The video clip has a Matrix type theme where Mel B and Missy are in a computerized world and it’s all green inside. The leading man in the video clip became Mel B’s first husband too and she was pregnant at the time of filming although you can’t see it.

Emma Bunton (Baby Spice) What took you so long


I thought this song was so cute and I like how it has a country music vibe.

Mel C (Sporty Spice)  Never be the same again featuring Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes


Mel C was my favourite Spice Girl. I like many of her solo songs. Never be the same again is a song about moving out of the friend zone and into a relationship.  I love the futuristic house that the video clip is set in. Sadly Lisa died in a car accident a few years later.

Victoria Beckham (Posh Spice) Out of your Mind by the True Steppers featuring Victoria Beckham and Dane Bowers


Another song with a futuristic video clip but this time with dance music. I really loved this song and I use to play it on repeat all the time.

Geri Halliwell (Ginger Spice) Look at Me


This was her first single after she left the Spice Girls. I love it because it’s loud and brashy which announces her way as a solo artist.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...