Wednesday 13 April 2016

Jon Bear's Goals for 2016

Now that Carlyn is achieving the goals on her 2016 list I figured it was time I finally shared my list for the new year.... just 4 months and two weeks delinquent. >.<

Good thing timeliness wasn't one of my goals this year.

The main focus of my goals for 2016 is centered on 5 things that I want to work on this year.

1. My physical health


2. My mental/emotional health

3. My spiritual health



4. A more cohesive and organized financial plan for the future


5. Taking/creating more opportunities for a relationship


As far as my physical health is concerned, I've really needed to get into better shape for the last several years and have had a bit of an up and down battle in that regard.  One of the things I really wanted to focus on was eating healthier and cooking for myself more often.  I have always prepared dinner more when I've had a roommate or someone else to cook for in the past. Having lived on my own now for that past 7 years I got into some bad habits or exacerbated some already bad habits.  Exercise is important too, but I know that my eating habits need to be adjusted.  Aside from cooking for myself more often I want to focus on not eating late, and if possible not at all past 7 pm.

Relating to my second goal of mental and emotional health I wanted to get involved more socially if possible.  One of my side goals for this year was to finally join Facebook as I have never had a social media account and the biggest reason I even began blogging was because of Carlyn's influence.  For a few years in the past I have mentioned wanting to join a Curling league but I have yet to do so.  I never even really knew where to start looking but a chance encounter with a customer at the store I work at earlier this year provided an opportunity that I might be able to take advantage of come September.  I also wanted to really make happen certain things I have mentioned wanting to accomplish for a few years now.  The biggest of those being my desire to finally visit my best friend and his family in Texas.  They moved to Texas 4 years ago and every year after the first year they moved I have promised I would try to see them.  This year I want to finally keep that promise.  I was also in desperate need of a new computer for a few years now and I wanted to purchase a new computer.  I have been fortunate to already have accomplished that goal. I feel like a lot of my emotional health involves doing a better job at accomplishing some of my long time goals from past years so hopefully I will be able to achieve them this year.

My spiritual health has probably been something I have struggled with since college.  I have never attended church regularly even though I consider myself a Christian.  I also have had rather large swings relative to the amount of time I have spent in spirituality and faith.  There have been times when I have studied the bible and read the bible regularly and times when I have worshiped and prayed with regularity.  There have been other long stretches where I have spent very little time in worship and focusing on my faith.  I want to find more consistency and more balance in my spiritual life.  If I can find a church I like that may involve more time going to church too.  I think that there is a lot to be gained in one's spiritual walk when it is shared with others.

In desiring a more cohesive and organized financial plan I may have already had an opportunity fall into my lap.  It truly is something I desired greatly when I was thinking of my New Year's goals this past January.  I do NOT consider myself financially comfortable.  I am able to make a living and pay my bills, which is obviously important but a clear and comprehensive plan for the future is something I have struggled with.   Carlyn and I had a reader reach out to us about our financial goals and I have been in contact with her and formulated a plan to make a monthly blog post here about a variety of financial topics.  I am hoping that my monthly posts which begin later this month will help give me some clarity and focus financially going forward as well as the feedback I get from our readers.

I also want to take the opportunity to find a girl who I can start a relationship with this year.  I am not looking towards anything specific long term, just someone who I can get to know, enjoy spending time with and take things a day at a time with.  It's been a few years since I have really made any effort in the dating game.  There is a part of me that admittedly likes being single and being beholden to myself.  I enjoy those freedoms, so I know that I have to go a bit outside my comfort zone to give up some of that freedom for a different kind of happiness and companionship.  So that too is one of my goals for 2016.

So while I have been a bit of a bad Bear in keeping my goals for 2016 to myself and not sharing them here, I hope and believe that there is enough time remaining in the year for me to make good on many if not all my goals for 2016.




2 comments:

  1. I found it easier to do my goals by breaking them into small monthly goals. Maybe that could help you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The funny thing with me and goals is that sometimes things just click and I make them work and other times they don't and I have trouble. I can't figure out a rhyme or reason to it. Perhaps compartmentalizing them a bit more and going month by month might help.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...