Monday 12 September 2016

Entertainment Monday: Water (Monday, September 12 2016)


This weeks Entertainment Monday focuses on songs about Water.  It's been something of a dry Summer here in Upstate New York and I figured perhaps I could invoke a bit of rain our way by sharing some new songs and some not so new songs that feature Water in some capacity in their lyrics.

There is a wonderful new song from the band Maybird, called Turning into Water!


Released in 2015, I really like the old time sound to Pokey LaFarge's Something in the Water.


Easily my favorite song from the past year about Water, Ra Ra Riot and Rostam's song titled Water.


Even though her video kind of freaks me out.  Bishop Briggs shows off her impressive vocal talent in her song River which really put her on the map as an artist this past year.


Here Comes the Rain Again is classic 1980s song that features the hauntingly beautiful vocals of Annie Lennox of the Eurythmics.


I could very easily do an entire post on David Gray songs that I love, and while he does not typically do instrumentals, this strictly instrumental piece titled January Rain is a song I love listening to in a quiet and reflective moment.



The final song I wished to share is a song titled Riverman from the extremely amazing artist Nick Drake who sadly ended his own life in 1974 at the age of 26.  His music lives on though as a beautiful legacy and tribute to his talent.


1 comment:

  1. I liked your selection of water songs. I was also freaked out by Bishop Briggs song too but only because you mentioned it. I went in scared. I liked David Gray's guitar playing. I can't believe he wrote that in the 1970s.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...