Monday 24 October 2016

Entertainment Monday: Happy Halloween Themed Songs (Monday, October 24, 2016)


Entertainment Monday: Happy Halloween Themed Songs

I hope that all our readers and their families and friends have a safe and happy Halloween with all sorts of wonderful treats and perhaps just a few harmless and funny tricks.  There are lots of great songs that could be used for Halloween playlists, so here are just a few that I wanted to share, and maybe a song or two will make your Halloween music playlists this year?

First is the classic Werewolves of London by Warren Zevon.


Broken Bells is a group I have shared music from before, but they have the appropriately titled The Ghost Inside which is a nice Halloween treat.


Don't Fear the Reaper is not only an awesome Halloween song but one of the great classic rock songs of all time by Blue Oyster Cult, a band who hails from my native stomping grounds on Long Island in the great state of New York!


Seeing as we have already celebrated the Ghost Inside this Halloween I feel like we should give the Devil his due and share The Devil Inside by INXS.  The Devil Inside has one of the great opening guitar riffs for a song and is one of the iconic songs of the 1980s music scene.



Halloween has been a holiday enjoyed by many generations and as such I wanted to share a song that some of our more mature readers might be able to appreciate in Bobby Darin's Mack the Knife.


Spiders, our little creepy, crawly friends can make even the most macho man scream like a little school girl, so I decided to share the epic Halloween classic, Spider from They Might Be Giants.  TMBG is another band I have previously featured on our Entertainment Mondays and in one of my concert reviews as well.  I hope you'll all enjoy this short 52 second song.


Finally this Halloween I wanted to share one of my all time Halloween playlist favorites, The Dave Mathew's Band's sad and haunting toon, Grave Digger.  This is also probably my favorite DMB song of all time.


:o Feel free to share any of your Halloween favorites in our comments section! :)



4 comments:

  1. Those were nice Halloween songs. I particularly liked the last one. My favourite halloween songs would be Thriller by Michael Jackson and Everybody (Backstreet's Back) by the Backstreet boys.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I have never realized that there were actual Halloween songs - well aside from Thriller, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't actually celebrate Halloween but I hope you really enjoyed taking part in all of these festives! It sounds like a really grand time and music was eerie and perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Halloween Music is probably the thing I like best about Halloween these days. Thanksgiving (I believe a uniquely U.S. holiday) and Christmas are far and away my two favorite Holidays.

    ReplyDelete

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...