Friday 16 June 2017

Carlyn's Diary: June 2017


University
This year I decided to go back to university and study journalism. I am a teacher but I wanted a career change. I’ve always liked writing so I want to work in a field with writing. Now that I have finished my first semester, I’ve realised that journalism is not for me. I would like to do creative writing instead so that’s what I’ll be doing next semester.

I was first interested in journalism as I wanted to be a better writer and blogger. However, I’ve decide to go into creative writing instead. I started to write a novel because it was something that I always wanted to do. Then I realised that I need some help in writing a good story and that learning about creative writing would be better for me.

What I’m watching

 I finished watching Anne with an E on Netflix. It’s a new series based off Anne of Green Gables by L.M Montgomery. A story about an orphan girl warms the hearts of two elderly people that adopt her. I like this new adaption which I feel is made for this generation. It’s more darker and veers off the books a little bit.

I’m currently watching Designated Survivor on Netflix as well. It’s about a minor politician who becomes the President of the United States after a terrorist attack.


What I’m reading

I’m currently reading Eve by Jenna Moreci . I’m only at the beginning so I don’t have all the answers but it seems to be about a young woman who is a mutant who is despised for being a mutant and there’s aliens and she is in college. Good read so far. 

source

No comments:

Post a Comment

We absolutely love comments but please don't comment just to advertise your giveaways or ask us to follow you, such comments will be deleted.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...